Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

To Die For Buttermilk Chocolate Cake


This is one of those "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you" kind of recipes. And, because you are friends and family, I can't wait to share it with you! From my home to yours....Enjoy!


Buttermilk Chocolate Cake


2 C sugar

2 C flour

2 eggs

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup cocoa

1 C vegetable oil

1 C buttermilk

1 C hot water

1 tsp vanilla


*Mix all ingredients together ( 1st dry, then wet). Spray 9X13 pan with non stick spray. Bake @ 325 for 45-50 minutes. Check with toothpick.


Frosting:

1 stick oleo

3 Tbs. cocoa

1 tsp. vanilla

3 C powdered sugar

4 Tbs. milk

1 C chopped pecans (if desired)


*Melt oleo in saucepan. Put cocoa and milk in with melted oleo. Let it come to a boil. Take off of heat and mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread on cooled cake.

1 comment:

  1. sounds very YUMMY. Thanks for sharing. I MUST try it soon!

    ReplyDelete