We've always heard that when a child is ready to potty train, they'll let you know. Well, Matt sure has let us know! It seems like it just happened overnight...literally! I really didn't want to take on this task right here before the baby comes, but he seems like he is ready, so I guess I have to be also! We are taking it easy though. I'm not pushing it, especially when the baby is due to arrive in a few weeks. I'm anticipating some regressions here and there once she arrives. I have a potty chart hanging in our bathroom, and every time he goes potty he gets a sticker. He LOVES this! We make a big hoopin' hollerin' deal when he goes, and he thinks it is really funny to see mommy and daddy jump and and down hollering like a bunch of idiots! Once he gets to the end of his chart with stickers, he get a surprise (nothing big... just one of those baby bottle suckers that are super messy and super annoying for any mother strolling through Alco trying to get out of the check out line before their kid spots it)Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of Matt counting all of his stickers on his chart. He's such a big boy!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Potty Training in Progress
We've always heard that when a child is ready to potty train, they'll let you know. Well, Matt sure has let us know! It seems like it just happened overnight...literally! I really didn't want to take on this task right here before the baby comes, but he seems like he is ready, so I guess I have to be also! We are taking it easy though. I'm not pushing it, especially when the baby is due to arrive in a few weeks. I'm anticipating some regressions here and there once she arrives. I have a potty chart hanging in our bathroom, and every time he goes potty he gets a sticker. He LOVES this! We make a big hoopin' hollerin' deal when he goes, and he thinks it is really funny to see mommy and daddy jump and and down hollering like a bunch of idiots! Once he gets to the end of his chart with stickers, he get a surprise (nothing big... just one of those baby bottle suckers that are super messy and super annoying for any mother strolling through Alco trying to get out of the check out line before their kid spots it)Anyways, here are a couple of pictures of Matt counting all of his stickers on his chart. He's such a big boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment