Monday, June 14, 2010
His Voice
After a c-section, and while the Daddy takes the baby to the nursery, there is a period of time (probably 30 minutes or so) that you are there in the operating room all alone. I dread this time more than anything in the world. It was especially hard for me this go around because I was not able to go to sleep while they were finishing things up. While I was lying there listening to my Dr. and the nurses, I felt an overwhelming peace come over me. I could literally hear my Dad's voice. I can't explain it, but I could hear him sigh and say, "Ohhh Brandea"...just as if he had seen Mallary for the first time. It was his proud Poppa voice. I know it may sound silly, and some might say it was the anesthesia making me feel this way, but I know that was my Dad's voice. Thinking about it now almost takes my breath away. I choose to believe that God allowed my Dad to be there in that moment, and that God was showing His love to me by allowing me to hear his voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment