Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Wonder of Christmas


My mom received an ornament from a child that she teaches in Sunday school. It read something like this : The wonder of Christmas can been seen through a child's eyes....or something to that effect. How true that is! Matt is just at the age where he understands and can sort of make sense of it all. It is so much fun to tell him about Santa and all of the fun stuff that goes along with it, but what is even more magical than that is telling him about his Savior's birth, and him actually soaking it in. Matt and I like to play a game where he sits in my lap and we tell secrets to each other and repeat them back. He loves it, and I love it because he actually sits still for a few seconds.... all while sitting in my lap! I whispered to him, "Christmas is Jesus' birthday," and without hesitation, Matt whispered back to me, "Jesus loves you." It was so precious, and I will never forget that as long as I live! I have learned that children (doesn't matter at what age) are so impressionable! What an opportunity and blessing it is to share the love of Christ during this Christmas season. If anything, I want to teach him that nothing in this world matters, except our relationship with the Lord. I too want to be like a child, soaking it all in, and keeping the wonder of Christmas close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment