Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Oh How He Loves Us
Christmas day marked the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's death. I can't believe I haven't hugged my Dad in two years. I long to wrap my arms around his neck and hear him say, "How's my Bran?" I miss him more and more every day. It hurts so much sometimes, almost to the point of where I feel like I can't breathe. I want him here with us. He was too young. I'm still a young girl in need of a Daddy. It's so unfair. Why him, why us? Why on Christmas day? I can go on and on with questions, but I know one thing remains... Our God. He is faithful, He is just, and He loves us. Life is so unfair, but God turns ashes into beauty. I hold on to that hope. I am asking those of you that read this blog to keep us in your prayers. We need them. My mom needs them, my siblings, and my family needs your prayers. I believe God gives us little signs that show us that He is here with us, and that He never abandons us...ever. Right after my Dad passed away, we had 2 bald eagles show up at our tail water pit. Seeing bald eagles around this part of the world is very rare. My Dad loved bald eagles. They stayed around the area for quite some time, and we loved watching them. They did not come around last year, so we figured that they were not coming back. On Christmas Eve of this year, there was one perched in a tree down at the tail water pit. Mark came in the house and said, "Brandea, the eagle is back." I could not believe it! I immediately started crying and thanking God for His sign. It was as if he was saying to us, "I love you, I will never leave nor forsake you, and you will one day see your Dad again." It was amazing, and I am so thankful for His blessings. Store up treasures in heaven. Nothing else in this world matters....nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment